PANDEMIC MEETING REGULATIONS
Under a revised Michigan Department of Health and Human Services pandemic order, townships can begin holding in-person public meetings beginning March 5th, 2021. Under the order, which loosens both residential and nonresidential gathering restrictions, Indoor meetings must be limited to NO MORE than 25 individuals. MASKS ARE REQUIRED at all times as well as social distancing, unless person meets exceptions listed by MDHHS regulations listed below. Outdoor nonresidential gatherings may have up to 300 people.
Powell Township will continue hosting meetings virtually, in addition to the in-person new guidelines.
Please follow the virtual instructions in the special posting page for the meeting that you would like to listen and/or join.
Exceptions to Michigan face mask requirement. The requirement to wear a face mask at indoor gatherings does not apply to individuals who:
- Are fully vaccinated persons;
- Are younger than 2 years old;
- Cannot medically tolerate a face mask;
- Are eating or drinking while seated in a designated area or at a private residence;
- Are receiving a medical or personal care service for which removal of the face mask is necessary;
- Are asked to temporarily remove a face mask for identification purposes;
- Are communicating with someone who is deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing and whose ability to see the mouth is essential to communication;
- Are actively engaged in a public safety role, including but not limited to law enforcement, firefighters, or emergency medical personnel, and where wearing a face mask would seriously interfere in the performance of their public safety responsibilities;
- Are giving a speech for broadcast or to an audience, provided that the audience is at least 12 feet away from the speaker; or
- Are engaging in an activity that requires removal of a mask not listed in another part of this section, and are in a facility that provides ventilation that meets or exceeds 60 ft3/min of outdoor airflow per person.
Samantha Morin – Powell Township Clerk